Shop for Pittsburgh Steelers gear at Fanatics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mock the mock, cbssports 7 rounder

Mock the mock, cbssports 7 rounder

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...dan-love/#rd-1

Here is my mock:
    2. tee Higgins WR too much talent to pass up
    3. Biadasz C very good depth and the possible next C after Pouncey retires.
    4a. Benjamin RB depth where we need it most, a serious catching threat put of the backfield
    4b. Blackmon S he could quickly slide to the 3rd S role
    6. Kindley OL more depth for the aging OLine
    7. Muse LB/S a lot of athleticism that could be useful in the right D package

As you see I didn't address NT as I think Wormley is quite capable of playing inside in a 3 DL front and also back up Tuitt and Heyward when playing 2 DL fronts, also there's depth there with Alualu and Buggs. That's 3 solid starters plus a proven backup in Alualu and a 2nd year kid that showed promise as a rotational player, unless we trade for a 5th I don't see the value of drafting a NT earlier than that. Instead a 3rd S could be an immediate need plus help in ST.

I think Ben would be very happy with this draft

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

i like the first three positions you post - WR, C, RB although i can't say much on the prospects. haven't followed them much this year.
    Not sure we need S.
    wouldn't mind seeing another CB or OLB prospect in the mix.

you know, for all the concern on NT, you bring up a good point. They may well like what they have in Buggs. We know Alualu is solid and versatile along the dline.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Well how many NFL teams could say they had two players with the name Tee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    i like the first three positions you post - WR, C, RB although i can't say much on the prospects. haven't followed them much this year.
    Not sure we need S.
    wouldn't mind seeing another CB or OLB prospect in the mix.

you know, for all the concern on NT, you bring up a good point. They may well like what they have in Buggs. We know Alualu is solid and versatile along the dline.
    Thanks for your detailed response. Regarding safety, we are one injury away from starting Jordan Dangerfield, let that sink in. Remember last season after Davis injury and before Minkahs arrival? Yeah, it was a shitstorm defense in the back

The Following User Likes This Post:

49- Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin

102- Matt Pearl OT Connecticut

124- Donovan Peoples-Jones WR Michogan

135- Leki Fotu DT Utah

198- Tanner Muse LB/S Clemson

232- Jacob Breeland TE Oregon

49. Antoine Winfield Jr S MINNESOTA • I just love him not a need but BPA for me
    102. Tyler Biadasz OL WISCONSIN, future C
    124, Antonio Gibson Play Maker MEMPHIS. One of my favourite players in the draft you just find a spot for him whether it is in the slot or as RB. Dynamic returner as well.
    135. Collin Johnson WR TEXAS. Good value here and give Ben a big target.
    198. Bravvion Roy NT BAYLOR
    232. Sewo Olonilua RB TCU. Poor mans Bell, I just love him so what the heck.

Not sure that the Steelers take a gamble on a productive but poorly testing receiver in Higgins. I think he's a bit like Mike Wallace in that he's a one-trick pony. Unlike Wallace it's not speed, it's the jump ball. He'll be effective at that but I don't think that he's a difference maker at WR. I think he's a WR3 and I want more from that in the 2nd round. I think we probably go OL or maybe RB in the 2nd depending on who's there. If the draft fell this way I think it would be RB.

Not sexy, but something to build on.

49- Ashtyn Davis S CALIFORNIA
    102 - Tyler Biadasz OL WISCONSIN
    124 - Shane Lemieux OL OREGON
    135 - Collin Johnson WR TEXAS
    198 - Robert Windsor DL PENN STATE
    232 - Kamal Martin LB MINNESOTA

2 RB Taylor no way do I pass on him here
    3 OG/OT Saahdiq Charles adds tougness and the type of power run blocker this OL needs esp to replace Foster
    4 DT/DE Leki Fotu DL perfect fit to replace Hargrave and and spell cam and tuitt in the nickel
    4 edge Cam Brown LB
    6 WR Isaiah Coulter WR
    RHODE ISLAND big and fast
    7 SS Tanner Muse S good back up option in case Edmunds doesnt get better

Huge Member

< Puts on Cooch hat >

49. Joe Burrow, QB. Best QB in the draft, IMO. And I take him in the second. No better pick can be made here.
    102. Chase Young. I never liked Durpee and think Young might be a diamond in the rough.
    124. Isaiah Simmons. I pair him with the slow un-cerebral Bush and hope he can help out inside.
    135. Mekhi Becton. Our OL needs some injection of youth. I've seen a highlight of his. Big guy.
    1984. Jerry Jeudy. Ben might like this guy. Never heard of him, but this is a late pick.
    232. Justin Jefferson. Yeah, I double-dip on back to back picks. This guy may be good. Heard a rumor he's George's grandson and I'm a Weezy fan.

< / removes Cooch hat >

huh?
    Last edited by Superman; 04-07-2020 at 04:23 PM.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    < Puts on Cooch hat >

49. Joe Burrow, QB. Best QB in the draft, IMO. And I take him in the second. No better pick can be made here.
    102. Chase Young. I never liked Durpee and think Young might be a diamond in the rough.
    124. Isaiah Simmons. I pair him with the slow un-cerebral Bush and hope he can help out inside.
    135. Mekhi Becton. Our OL needs some injection of youth. I've seen a highlight of his. Big guy.
    1984. Jerry Jeudy. Ben might like this guy. Never heard of him, but this is a late pick.
    232. Justin Jefferson. Yeah, I double-dip on back to back picks. This guy may be good. Heard a rumor he's George's grandson and I'm a Weezy fan.

< / removes Cooch hat >

huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    < Puts on Cooch hat >

< / removes Cooch hat >

huh?
    I would take a punter ahead of Judge J Jeudy obviously

49.-J.K. Dobbins RB OHIO STATE • JR • 5'10" / 209 LBS -
    102. Tyler Biadasz OL WISCONSIN • JR • 6'4" / 314 LBS -O-line competition.
    124, Shane Lemieux OL-OREGON* SR • 6'4" / 310 - Double up solidifying the teams greatest weakness
    135. Evan Weaver LB CALIFORNIA • SR • 6'2" / 237 LBS -
    198.Jared Pinkney TE VANDERBILT • SR • 6'4" / 257 LBS-
    232. David Woodward LB-UTAH STATE • JR • 6'2" / 230 LBS

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    49.-J.K. Dobbins RB OHIO STATE • JR • 5'10" / 209 LBS -
    102. Tyler Biadasz OL WISCONSIN • JR • 6'4" / 314 LBS -O-line competition.
    124, Shane Lemieux OL-OREGON* SR • 6'4" / 310 - Double up solidifying the teams greatest weakness
    135. Evan Weaver LB CALIFORNIA • SR • 6'2" / 237 LBS -
    198.Jared Pinkney TE VANDERBILT • SR • 6'4" / 257 LBS-
    232. David Woodward LB-UTAH STATE • JR • 6'2" / 230 LBS

I couldn't complain one bit about this line up. 2 OL in the first three picks. AND Dobbins to boot !!!

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    I couldn't complain one bit about this line up. 2 OL in the first three picks. AND Dobbins to boot !!!

Salute the nation
    I missed out on a WR but it always seems to be short of something mocking our team short on picks. You can see the difficult degree of what they face during the draft. As the mocks show you good and plenty ways it can shake out. Not knowing what direction other teams will go in. Last year they decided to not let fate dictate. This year they have very little wiggle room. So they simply can't cover all the bases. Which is why they are hoping a XFL player will stick, and after the draft perhaps a few bargains are brought in as well.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

TOTALLY hear yaz slash and that is why they REALLY need to be diligent on their picks, they MUST COUNT as they don't have wiggle room or second chances to get it right. Just not enough volume in picks. It's ironic how well the steelers do with their constant later picks as opposed to a team like cleveland, constantly in the top 10 and multiple yet can't do squat with their team overall.

Tomlin's not a genious and best be thanking our GM for his part.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Ok, am I missing something from Dobbins? He looks like a classic example of a player surrounded by talent and benefiting from it. Hes short, small hands, short arms, average athleticism but surrounded by 5 draftable linemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by FordFairLane View Post
    Ok, am I missing something from Dobbins? He looks like a classic example of a player surrounded by talent and benefiting from it. He’s short, small hands, short arms, average athleticism but surrounded by 5 draftable linemen.

Ford I thought you were describing what some said about Barry Sanders ...... no I don't put Dobbins or anyone on that level ........ but give the kid some credit

Rushing & Receiving
    * indicates bowl stats included Share & more

Rushing Receiving Scrimmage
    Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
    *2017 Ohio State Big Ten FR RB 14 194 1403 7.2 7 22 135 6.1 1 216 1538 7.1 8
    *2018 Ohio State Big Ten SO RB 14 230 1053 4.6 10 26 263 10.1 2 256 1316 5.1 12
    *2019 Ohio State Big Ten JR RB 14 301 2003 6.7 21 23 247 10.7 2 324 2250 6.9 23
    Career Ohio State 725 4459 6.2 38 71 645 9.1 5 796 5104 6.4 43

18 carries 174 yards 1 TD
    6 rec 47 yards against that undefeated Clemson Tigers team with Simmons and Muse on it

other than Jonah Jackson most couldn't even name another OL member........ did they play well last year.... sure ....but they were a group of guys with little playing experience going into the year.

You said you would draft him in the 3rd but not in the 2nd ....... is like saying we should draft one of the top 3 OT in the mid 2nd round ........ its not happening...... Dobbins is one of the top 3 RBs and the depth in this draft at WR , OT, QB will occupy most of the 1st round picks ......possibly allowing one of those 3 RBs to fall to mid 2nd..... If he is still on the board and I doubt he will be ....we must consider as an option...... not saying he is more important than a G or other position..... BPA is what we are set up for hopefully..... there are several viable RBs later on ..like Akers and Moss.... but are they a 3 down talent that would supercede everyone on the current roster ....... who is to say.....
    Dobbins may not become a super star but maybe he can stay healthy and on the field. I saw someone in the film capable of big plays, catching out of the backfield and picking up blitzes in pass protection
    Not sure what else you would want from a 2nd round selection

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

49: R2p17
    rb j.k. Dobbins
    ohio state
    102: R3p38
    g netane muti
    fresno state
    124: R4p18
    lb willie gay jr.
    Mississippi state
    135: R4p29
    edge anfernee jennings
    alabama
    198: R6p19
    wr jauan jennings
    tennessee
    232: R7p18
    dl benito jones
    mississippi
    team draft assessmen

Quote Originally Posted by FordFairLane View Post
    Ok, am I missing something from Dobbins? He looks like a classic example of a player surrounded by talent and benefiting from it. He’s short, small hands, short arms, average athleticism but surrounded by 5 draftable linemen.

He is very strong. Not quite Barkley strong but strong. He is fast (didn't run at the combine but he supposedly was running 4.4). He can go inside or outside. He can catch out of the backfield. And, he can block. Dude will be a 3 down back in the NFL for some team. It may as well be the Steelers.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast