Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe Biden. In stage 3 or 4 of dementia?

As I’ve said before, while most of the dems are pushing for a female VP, there is a portion who want to challenge the idea that a ex president cannot be a vp... they want obama to run And for joe to resign agter winning effectively handing Obama 4 more years to reassert his legacy...

Their legal logic is faulty, but then again the government not making laws that establish or restrict religious matters is pretty clear cut and they fucked that up

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Why would she take it? She could have ran for President but turned it down. Why would she want to be VP? Makes no sense to me.
    Why? The VP has little real power. It's not a demanding job, essentially is an ambassador with the power to break a tie vote in the Senate. She hates Trump and would do whatever it takes to stop him, which includes accepting the VP job.

Michelle is agenda minded and would like nothing more than to see her husband back in the mix. Michelle also knows she would not win the Democratic Nomination. The process of becoming the President is a real grind and they like old and white based on their final results. Many people would say yes to the job if the path was easy.

My question is why wouldn't she be Biden's running mate if he asked?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post
    As I’ve said before, while most of the dems are pushing for a female VP, there is a portion who want to challenge the idea that a ex president cannot be a vp... they want obama to run And for joe to resign agter winning effectively handing Obama 4 more years to reassert his legacy...

Their legal logic is faulty, but then again the government not making laws that establish or restrict religious matters is pretty clear cut and they fucked that up
    The 22nd Amendment limits someone from being ELECTED more than twice. Also if a VP becomes President he or she may run for office twice if they replaced the President for less than two years. If you replaced the President for more than two years then you may only run once. So LBJ could have run twice since he replaced JFK for less than two years, however he decided not to run a second time in 1968. The 12th Amendment on Presidential succession only says the VP must meet the same qualifications as the President. Nothing specifically says a former President can't be VP but the intent is clear. Potentially Joe could make Bomma his VP candidate but regardless of what happens to Joe, Bomma could not run for President again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    The 22nd Amendment limits someone from being ELECTED more than twice. Also if a VP becomes President he or she may run for office twice if they replaced the President for less than two years. If you replaced the President for more than two years then you may only run once. So LBJ could have run twice since he replaced JFK for less than two years, however he decided not to run a second time in 1968. The 12th Amendment on Presidential succession only says the VP must meet the same qualifications as the President. Nothing specifically says a former President can't be VP but the intent is clear. Potentially Joe could make Bomma his VP candidate but regardless of what happens to Joe, Bomma could not run for President again.
    If it came down to it, at least we can always count on Roberts to side with the Constitution...

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SojournerSteel View Post
    If it came down to it, at least we can always count on Roberts to side with the Constitution...
    The sarcasm is over the top on this post. Obviously because we can't count on Robert's for squat.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Why? The VP has little real power. It's not a demanding job, essentially is an ambassador with the power to break a tie vote in the Senate. She hates Trump and would do whatever it takes to stop him, which includes accepting the VP job.

Michelle is agenda minded and would like nothing more than to see her husband back in the mix. Michelle also knows she would not win the Democratic Nomination. The process of becoming the President is a real grind and they like old and white based on their final results. Many people would say yes to the job if the path was easy.

My question is why wouldn't she be Biden's running mate if he asked?
    Doesn’t matter who it is. I wouldn’t be shocked if he picked Kermit the Frog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcitysteelers View Post
    Doesn’t matter who it is. I wouldn’t be shocked if he picked Kermit the Frog.
    An Amphibian American to lock up the green vote? I'm not sure if global warming is getting press these days.

Quote Originally Posted by madinsomniac View Post

I was talking about Michelle, his wife as the VP pick.

I was talking about Michelle, his wife as the VP pick.
    Yeah, but Biden needs to pick a woman.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Even with something to read from, the moron still struggles when he repeats the same thing three times in 45 seconds.

Why? The VP has little real power
    I think you've answered you own question. Again, what's the point? If she wanted to be President then should could have run. She flat out said NO. Running as VP makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    I think you've answered you own question. Again, what's the point? If she wanted to be President then should could have run. She flat out said NO. Running as VP makes no sense at all.
    Unless they are counting on Biden not surviving his term.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12