Thread: Ryan Clark Non-Committal on Steelers Super Bowl Chances with Ben Roethlisberger

Ryan Clark Non-Committal on Steelers Super Bowl Chances with Ben Roethlisberger

By Matt Papiernik, @Matt_Papiernik*on Twitter SteelerNation.com   It’s no secret the Pittsburgh Steelers are going all in to get their seventh Super Bowl with Ben Reothlisbeger at the helm over the next couple seasons. However, there are several questions that the Steelers are going to need to answer before people jump on their bandwagon. One […]
    The post Ryan Clark Non-Committal on Steelers Super Bowl Chances with Ben Roethlisberger appeared first on SteelerNation.com.

More...

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

good write up Matt, thank you

I think Ryan Clarke didn't want to step out on a limb. I think he stayed with in reason and never made a BOLD prediction this early as TC hasn't even happened yet.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following User Likes This Post:

We feel Big Ben will be back to normal, but we still have to see it on the field. I think a neutral stance is understandable.

Even with Big Ben back to normal...the dude is in the twilight of his career. I am hopeful that he can bring us another trophy or two...maybe three...:), but the odds are against that. Tomlin wasted the best of Ben's career. We can only hope for Ben to be more than what most players can bring at his age. A few greats have done it....Ben is a GREAT. So I have the confidence that he can do the job.....but he will need help from everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by stillwright View Post
    Wait...are you talking about yourself or paperclip?

Super Dave: I am a(Super) contributor with an up to date subscription. I just never whined about the tag.

You should stick to talking football........

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Even with Big Ben back to normal...the dude is in the twilight of his career. I am hopeful that he can bring us another trophy or two...maybe three...:), but the odds are against that. Tomlin wasted the best of Ben's career. We can only hope for Ben to be more than what most players can bring at his age. A few greats have done it....Ben is a GREAT. So I have the confidence that he can do the job.....but he will need help from everyone.

That's the thing stillwright, Ben will actually have people who can help. It seems that the TEAM was always short of something (including Tomlin) but this current team is stacked. If BEN happens to win it all this year,......... Does he retire? I think he does and YES I know I'm getting way to far out there to be worried of retirement. Let's have him win this one and surprise US with another.

Salute the nation

Peyton Manning was a complete gimp when he won in ‘16 with Denver. And I think this defense has a chance to put together something pretty spectacular. If Ben were to play even how he did in his early years (20+ pass attempts a game, but a precise, and striking passing game), I think this team can make some serious noise. Hell, how many close losses last year did we walk away thinking that even a 50% Ben wins that game (San Fran, first rats game, Bills, Jets)?

More Situational Playcalls from Ben?

2 seasons ago Coach Tomlin spoke of using more playcalls based on "Situational football". I'm hoping that with the return of Big Ben, more plays will be called by him -- on the field -- especially on 4th and 1.

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Is Mike Tomlin still the coach?

Playoffs? Playoffs? Don't talk to me about Playoffs!

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer

The extra team gets in now. Captain 500 has a shot every year now!

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    The extra team gets in now. Captain 500 has a shot every year now!
    I didn't realize that the new format started this year. A team that actually deserves to get in now will..or a sub 500 team will. I guess we will see how it all works.
    Wait...are you talking about yourself or paperclip?

Super Dave: I am a(Super) contributor with an up to date subscription. I just never whined about the tag.

You should stick to talking football........

I am also non-committal on Steelers Super Bowl chances this year.

Don't forget Ben is a huge factor in changing plays at the line, something Rudolph and Duck did not do. That is a huge factor in keeping D's guessing when you go to the line. If Ben is healthy and can play similar to how he did before starting to have pain (which was prior to the beginning of last season), this O will be a ton better. Just having him back will make the O-line look better, the WR's look better, the TE's look better and the RB's look better.

Quote Originally Posted by TDX27 View Post
    Don't forget Ben is a huge factor in changing plays at the line, something Rudolph and Duck did not do. That is a huge factor in keeping D's guessing when you go to the line. If Ben is healthy and can play similar to how he did before starting to have pain (which was prior to the beginning of last season), this O will be a ton better. Just having him back will make the O-line look better, the WR's look better, the TE's look better and the RB's look better.

YOU forgot to add The COACHING looking better as well.

Salute the nation

How do we judge anything about the coming year after last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    YOU forgot to add The COACHING looking better as well.

Salute the nation
    Absolutely! Especially when he is in no huddle, hurry up mode.