Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does it really get any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Black & Gold Bleeder View Post
    my OP may have sounded in general, because everything is affecting it. But I was pointing toward this coming season. There is a lot of over reaction to covid, and the NFL will embrace it, as well as the political BS.
    in that case, I will gracefully bow out of the discussion. I am not interested in politics or Covid reaction discussions.

The Following User Likes This Post:

My interest rate started declining when the "rog" showed the league he was with going to punish the PITTSBURGH STEELERS for being the sole team to not vote the CBA favorably in his favor. It became way more serious decline forth coming to present. IF it wasn't for STEELERS football I'd be long gone and not looking back.

The NFL has peaked and the year O'l oppressed Crapernick kneeled, was the start of the decline.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    I am not interested in politics or Covid reaction discussions.
    While I understand your personal reasons for not wanting to talk politics etc. Hoot, this is the NFL's little monster they created, injecting politics into the sport and ultimately affecting our beloved Pittsburgh Steelers.

Now none of us can get away from it. Doesn't mean we have to engage (like you emphasized) and I certainly won't either here, but this circus shitshow is 100% the NFL's doing and they've ruined the one thing that has tied so many of us together. It's infuriating. Like Steelr4evr already mentioned, my interest in sports at this point has flatlined. All thanks to stupid politics. I know there's Coronavirus out there now. The one thing I have faith in that you've mentioned plenty of times before, it's all about the bottom line dollar. When they start seeing that cash cow really disappear, hopefully we'll see our Steelers reappear.

I'm an optimist by nature typically, so I really really hope we can all enjoy our Steelers (and college football) again.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"Ridicule is man's most potent weaponĒ - Saul Alinsky

"Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving" - David Burge

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

US Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    in that case, I will gracefully bow out of the discussion. I am not interested in politics or Covid reaction discussions.
    Neither the fuck am I.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Neither the fuck am I.
    Me either, but it's in my face. So, I respond. My response differs from the league's and they control the narrative. So, I walk away. They lose.

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    What doesn't kill you will make you stronger.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    This saying used to drive me nuts. I'm strong already! 2020 is seeming like a lost year. Insane!
    Last edited by Steelin; 08-17-2020 at 12:54 AM.

The frustrating thing for me is how, not only the NFL, but national leagues, memberships, institutions, and industries bow to the vocal minority and completely ignore the silent majority assuming they will just go along. How can they not realize the woke crowd is NOT their core customer? So frustrating.

Last year was the first year of my 52 years on this earth that I didnít drop what I was doing to watch the Steelers. During my Air Force days Iíd get up early, stay up late or wake up in the middle of the night to log in on my dial up modem to listen to a choppy connection of Cope over RealAudio. Now, I wonít even stop cutting my grass to turn on the TV. Itís not a boycott. Iím just losing interest.

I just got to the point where it feels like...my favorite restaurant for decades decided to cater to a new clientele. They changed the menu. They took off my favorite items, got rid of my favorite servers, and yet assume I will continue to come back because the name of the restaurant didnít change.

Iím holding out hope they will come to thier senses and reel it back a bit, but I have no expectation of that happening.

The Following 6 Users Like This Post:

I feel like Stan from South Park. Everything is shit.

2019 season ended with disappointment. Then the Kung foo flu hits and the country loses its mind.

Looking fwd to a sense of normalcy. Not happening.

Looking at college football canceling entire season,. Yet we're sending the kids and college students back to class. It makes zero sense.

Now too it off with zero real training camp news in mid August. Preseason is cancelled. Magically football will start and the teams will be competitive and top notch. Oh yeah. How many fans will be in the stands? Mmmhmm. Honestly. I'm just saying fuck it till mid Nov when all this stuff will magically go away. Anyone have any positivity or real camp news to share other than players released from their covid isolations?
    Simplest thing I can sayóyou arenít alone in how you feel óeven if it feels like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    I agree to an extent but the city folk seem to have shut themselves off to seeing it. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the "hardened" aspect of city dwelling. It doesn't help with the media constantly blaring injustices or threatening situations to the average Joe. Kindness is there and it's in each and nearly every person alive ONCE the hardness is taken out of them. Granted for some it is a lot more difficult to remove the hardness than it is for others.

Long story cut short. Two years ago an out of state plates car was along side of road 1:30 AM. I pull up with my bright lites on to blind him I'm 100ft from them and get out and hollar....what's wrong. The guy hollers back out of gas and starts walking my way. I hollar stay where you're at I'll get gas and be back in 15 minutes. I drive off (home) grab my always filled 2 gal gas can and my (protection device). Drive back and see him and VERY pregnant wife outside car. I park truck 100 ft back bright lites and get out of my truck and carry gas to them (they didn't know if I had someone else in my truck or not. He gasses himself up and can't thank me enough. The wife hugged me and said she had to get out of car because she wanted to thank me, she struggled and got back in car and the kid asked me how much he owed me. I said nothing, just one thing and that was to play if forward. He knew what that was and asked for my phone number I gave it to him because she had given me theirs. 3 weeks later he called and said they had the baby safely and all was good, also he told me of his good deed he played forward.

Point is he was from a big city and had no problem being kind. I know well enough that evil exist(s) rampantly and many have been hardened by it. It's getting that hardened evil out of you that can make you happy in kindness and live life the way you were meant to live it.

Sorry for the run on and on but the GOLDEN ticket was the stranded people has a STEELERS decal in their rear window.

Salute the nation
    After reading all of this I was left disappointed.
    I thought you were going to say they named their child "DRINK IRON CITY" in honor of you.

lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    I thought you were going to say they named their child "DRINK IRON CITY" in honor of you.

lol...
    Well ....that was a given!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post

lol...

Hell, I was just hoping for the initials. DIC. Oh how one could hope,..... A little DIC running around out there,...somewhere.............

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Neither the fuck am I.
    Unfortunatelyóitís all interwoven.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Does anyone else feel like a huge part of your life was stolen from you? I LIVED for the Steelers. Now I don't give a rip.

This is the least Iíve cared about training camp in my life.. I just canít get into it. We canít attend camp or games. It doesnít feel like football anymore especially with political shit forcing its way into the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Does anyone else feel like a huge part of your life was stolen from you? I LIVED for the Steelers. Now I don't give a rip.
    Yes, but it happened several years ago when our brilliant coach/front office/whatever, decided signing Michael Dick was a good idea. I was horrified, sickened and unable to watch. It's been a long road back but I've really been feeling it and then bam, coronavirus.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin View Post
    Yes, but it happened several years ago when our brilliant coach/front office/whatever, decided signing Michael Dick was a good idea. I was horrified, sickened and unable to watch. It's been a long road back but I've really been feeling it and then bam, coronavirus.
    For me, it hit when the rules were so clearly changed to benefit the cheaters, and then the league ignored the cheating. This political stuff is now the nail in the coffin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12