Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Will be the Steelers No. 3 Wide Out?

Who Will be the Steelers No. 3 Wide Out?

By: Jonathan Clark SteelerNation.com   In drafting Notre Dame standout WR Chase Claypool 49th overall in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers are going into this season with one of the youngest wide receiving cores in the NFL. JuJu Smith-Schuster is entering his 4th year with the squad, Diontae Johnson is going into his […]

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

The Following User Likes This Post:

Interesting question. We have a LOT of talent at WR and TE now. Add in a possibly renewed committment to the run game and you do kind of wonder if there's gonna be enough targets in a game to keep everyone involved. I think Vance will be the big loser in targets. He's a much better blocker than Ebron and would seem to be more at peace with letting his targets slide for the good of the team. As far as the #3 WR goes, I think its JW unless Claypool absolutely lights it up in Preseason and one of the top 3 regresses.

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Claypool has to learn a new offense, read nfl defenses, learn the new game speed, learn that open in nfl is diff from open in college, build timing and rapport with Ben. just to name a few things. got no Ota. no real off season with team.

not Debbie downer here but the young man has a lot on his plate. I would not worry so much about 3 VS. 4 so much as he excels in limited situations be it a fade or cross in EZ. guy got skills but a whack learning curve. just watch and see how he dies and how he grows from his mistakes. it will take a little bit.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

Steelers don't know who their true number 1 is let alone who gets to man the number 3 spot.

It might just be a flock of number 2s when the dust settles, and that isn't such a bad end game.
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

By mid-regular season, Claypool will be out there a lot. Jolly green giant vs midget, I'll take the green giant.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Dionate X
    JuJu Slot
    Washington Z

Claypool 4th

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Claypool has to learn a new offense, read nfl defenses, learn the new game speed, learn that open in nfl is diff from open in college, build timing and rapport with Ben. just to name a few things. got no Ota. no real off season with team.

not Debbie downer here but the young man has a lot on his plate. I would not worry so much about 3 VS. 4 so much as he excels in limited situations be it a fade or cross in EZ. guy got skills but a whack learning curve. just watch and see how he dies and how he grows from his mistakes. it will take a little bit.

Hope this was a typo ........ does ???

Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post

Some,.... Live and DIE from their mistakes, I guess maybe die = mistake and grow = success.

" That dress is to die for as with out it, something may grow...."

Salute the nation

Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Some,.... Live and DIE from their mistakes, I guess maybe die = mistake and grow = success.

" That dress is to die for as with out it, something may grow...."

Salute the nation
    lol

i suck at phone typing. reason number one why i don't text beyond my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    i suck at phone typing. reason number one why i don't text beyond my kids.
    I hate to admit we are all getting older and my eyesight is failing me more and more each day.
    Reading and writing texts is a crapshoot without my reading glasses.

Just ask Slush and Drunk Iron City

I hate to admit we are all getting older and my eyesight is failing me more and more each day.

I keep an extra pair of reading glasses in the shitter in case i forget to bring a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by AggieSteel View Post
    Dionate X
    JuJu Slot
    Washington Z

Claypool 4th
    That's what I'm thinking. He's going to be a great RZ Target (Les Claypool).
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon” - Saul Alinsky

lets assume claypool transition is smooth he shows liitle problem with getting seperation at the line as some say despite his 4.34 he takes time to get to the next gear, I personally see him can be used the same way hernandeaz gronk brate are used at times split out and to create mismatches can line up in the slot vs a smaller CB or S. If claypool starts well we can see him and juju flipping back and forth in 4 and 5 wide sets as to who is lining up inside and who is on the outside as chase has a 40 vertical julio, AB like speed, juju has shows he is very good at running digs and crosses from the slot.
    It really wont matter who is listed 1-3 as 3 will get targets as many targets that a #2 to mid 1 WR get.

You PUNK-ass kids have it so fucking tough, I have a birthday on Wednesday July 1st and I'm not complaining. I am getting a new pair (prescription) glasses for my birthday present. I also hope to get a birthday card with a little cash in it so I can go buy fireworks,,,,,,,, hehheee

Salute the nation

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

You PUNK-ass kids have it so fucking tough, I have a birthday on Wednesday July 1st and I'm not complaining. I am getting a new pair (prescription) glasses for my birthday present. I also hope to get a birthday card with a little cash in it so I can go buy fireworks,,,,,,,, hehheee

Salute the nation
    well fuck you old man... and happy fucking birthday. hope it is most excellent. also, pro tip, don't hold the fireworks after you light them.

Salute the nation
    Happy CANADA DAY and Birthday old timer

By mid-regular season, Claypool will be out there a lot. Jolly green giant vs midget, I'll take the green giant.

Salute the nation
    Tomlin has always been slow to let rookies adjust to the pro game. With no camp this year, I think Claypool will take longer to make a difference on the field than what we would normally see out of a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hines57 View Post
    Tomlin has always been slow to let rookies adjust to the pro game. With no camp this year, I think Claypool will take longer to make a difference on the field than what we would normally see out of a rookie.

Maybe I'm wishful thinking here but it's his "BIG" target presence is what's going to be hard to keep him OFF the field.

Salute the nation

Maybe I'm wishful thinking here but it's his "BIG" target presence is what's going to be hard to keep him OFF the field.

Salute the nation
    We can only hope his presence is a factor. Learning the playbook, audibles, etc is another factor and that's why I made my initial comment. I would expect to see more Juju, Washington and Diontae out there to start with maybe 2 TEs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast