Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annual predict the Steelers season record.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Not even

a little bit.
    You saying Belicheat hasn't outcoached Shades 12 of the last 14 times they met?
    Belicheat might cheat but Shades still knows what he's going to do and after 13 years hasn't found a way to stop it.
    "I'm gonna throw short and medium passes all day and there's not a damn thing you can do about it."

The Following 5 Users Like This Post:

if all 16 games played 12-4 seed #2 afc

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

2021 is salary cap hell with way too many key players up for free agency. 2020 is our last chance to make a super bowl with Ben.
    More blathering from the siteís resident clown. Itís not ďhellĒ as you state. As it is we are $13 mil over the cap for next year. Of which, can be easily rectified by Benís $42 mil cap hit being reduced by added years. TJ will get a long term contract and stay. Cam will get an extension as he can play for another 4 years easily. Bud is probably gone, which means we will get to see a lot of Highsmith. If Juju balls out, he may be worth the contract. JW and DJ will still be on their rookie deals.

Almost all franchises will be over the 2021 cap (currently set at under $180 mil, but will probably be around $200 mil after another CBA amendment). We will be in better shape than most of the teams. Philly is one of the several teams that are going to be $100 mil over the cap. Thatís right $100 mil. That is the definition of cap hell. Those teams will have to cut a ton of big name vets even with the 4 year 2020 cap relief plan.

Yeah NE will be $45 mil under, but will not have a QB (unless Newton gets a big new contract which will gobble up most of that 45). Dallas is also under the cap (10 mil), but it doesnít include Dakís next contract. Donít be surprised a lot of players signing one year contracts opting out so as to maximize their ability to get long term contract in a non COVID environment.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ike Kelly View Post
    More blathering from the site’s resident clown. It’s not “hell” as you state. As it is we are $13 mil over the cap for next year. Of which, can be easily rectified by Ben’s $42 mil cap hit being reduced by added years. TJ will get a long term contract and stay. Cam will get an extension as he can play for another 4 years easily. Bud is probably gone, which means we will get to see a lot of Highsmith. If Juju balls out, he may be worth the contract. JW and DJ will still be on their rookie deals.

Almost all franchises will be over the 2021 cap (currently set at under $180 mil, but will probably be around $200 mil after another CBA amendment). We will be in better shape than most of the teams. Philly is one of the several teams that are going to be $100 mil over the cap. That’s right $100 mil. That is the definition of cap hell. Those teams will have to cut a ton of big name vets even with the 4 year 2020 cap relief plan.

Yeah NE will be $45 mil under, but will not have a QB (unless Newton gets a big new contract which will gobble up most of that 45). Dallas is also under the cap (10 mil), but it doesn’t include Dak’s next contract. Don’t be surprised a lot of players signing one year contracts opting out so as to maximize their ability to get long term contract in a non COVID environment.

Also wouldn't shock me to see the Steelers draft a pass rusher in 1 or bring a vet in if Bud goes.
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Really hope to get to see Ben play live at least one more time before he hangs it up.. this season might be the last chance and itís not gonna happen. Damn shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    Also wouldn't shock me to see the Steelers draft a pass rusher in 1 or bring a vet in if Bud goes.
    Iíve got no doubt Bud is probably gone Slash and yes a pass rusher will be on the list in the first couple rounds, if no QB interests the front office.

P-38L fan

4-0 and then season cancelled.

Yinzers angered,...peaceful protesters set up an autonomous zone at Heinz Field.

Art Rooney tells Trump not to send in the Feds..

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

10-6 at best, assuming no major injuries or COVID holds. I doubt if we have much of a season anyway.

More blathering from the site’s resident clown. It’s not “hell” as you state. As it is we are $13 mil over the cap for next year. Of which, can be easily rectified by Ben’s $42 mil cap hit being reduced by added years. TJ will get a long term contract and stay. Cam will get an extension as he can play for another 4 years easily. Bud is probably gone, which means we will get to see a lot of Highsmith. If Juju balls out, he may be worth the contract. JW and DJ will still be on their rookie deals.

Almost all franchises will be over the 2021 cap (currently set at under $180 mil, but will probably be around $200 mil after another CBA amendment). We will be in better shape than most of the teams. Philly is one of the several teams that are going to be $100 mil over the cap. That’s right $100 mil. That is the definition of cap hell. Those teams will have to cut a ton of big name vets even with the 4 year 2020 cap relief plan.

Yeah NE will be $45 mil under, but will not have a QB (unless Newton gets a big new contract which will gobble up most of that 45). Dallas is also under the cap (10 mil), but it doesn’t include Dak’s next contract. Don’t be surprised a lot of players signing one year contracts opting out so as to maximize their ability to get long term contract in a non COVID environment.

Wrong as usual. Look at how many free agents we have in 2020. Oh and well need a franchise QB soon . This is the year the window slams shut. 2020 is going to be very rough.

Curtis Riley, a solid reserve or possible starter at safety.

Our depth at safety was awful, not anymore this guy can play.

Well see if Riley can offer better coverage than Edmunds. I think he can. Edmunds has 1 career pick in 31 games played and the one he caught was a gimme.

By contrast the year Riley started ( 2018 ) 16 games, he had 5 picks. I like this contact. Good move by the Steelers as neither Dangerfield or the slug like like Allen can cover well enough in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Wrong as usual. Look at how many free agents we have in 2020. Oh and well need a franchise QB soon . This is the year the window slams shut. 2020 is going to be very rough.
    If Iím wrong Dumb Ass, refute the cap numbers. Your window slams shut mantra is your calling card for attention. Let some other poster roast you on that.

P-38L fan

13-3. #7 is on the way

If I’m wrong Dumb Ass, refute the cap numbers. Your window slams shut mantra is your calling card for attention. Let some other poster roast you on that.

If I’m wrong Dumb Ass, refute the cap numbers. Your window slams shut mantra is your calling card for attention. Let some other poster roast you on that.

IKE, by no means do I claim caprologist expertise but I totally get what you are saying.

One thing I am pretty good at it is roasting. Any and all kinds wheather it be fossil fuel / wood / gas / solar as all have their different characteristic. Oven / BBQ / open pit / car hood / even over a RED HOT POKER / they too have their characteristics.

BUT one thing for sure is after so much roasting the roasted is just roasted out. Nothing left, no substance, not worth the fuel.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12