Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Steelers Sign OT Jerald Hawkins from Texans Practice Squad

Tomlin fucked up because he did not understand the rules, that s his JOB. He is always making mistakes and is not buttoned up but keep making excuses for the tool. 3 playoff wins in 10 years with a HOF QB in his prime is a complete fail. another year of no playoffs this year should mercifully end this tool's Steeler career.

US Veteran

youre a piece of work.

So is Tomlins lack of attention to detail even after spewing his shit all week about the same matter.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...bert-mcfarland

What’s even worse, one week prior it appeared Coach Tomlin understood they had two additional players who could be active on game day when Mark Kaboly of The Athletic asked Coach Tomlin if the Steelers would be taking advantage of the new role which gave them the additional spots.

“I’m not going to give them back,” Tomlin laughed. “I’m definitely going to use them for many of the reasons that we’ve been talking about, this unusual environment in terms of what our guys are capable of. If we have available guys to us, we better use them, but also, just a lack of in-game play and the number of snaps or the limited number of snaps people may be prepared to play or how fatigue may set in on us. The rules allow for us to fortify our depths so we’re going to take advantage of that.”

Or so we thought.

Through some sort of oversight or miscommunication, the Steelers only took advantage of one of the positions they had in reserve. Hopefully now a player such as Gilbert or McFarland can have a helmet and perhaps bring something to the team if nothing more than gaining experience.

Luckily, the mistake did not cost the Steelers in any way as they won their first game of the season 26-16. But by messing this up before the game even started, my overwhelming optimism toward the Steelers (which I am unafraid to hide) was a bit shaken. Add in the muffed put shortly into the game and all my hopes for the season seemed to be crashing down. Fortunately, things got better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post
    So is Tomlins lack of attention to detail even after spewing his shit all week about the same matter.

What’s even worse, one week prior it appeared Coach Tomlin understood they had two additional players who could be active on game day when Mark Kaboly of The Athletic asked Coach Tomlin if the Steelers would be taking advantage of the new role which gave them the additional spots.

“I’m not going to give them back,” Tomlin laughed. “I’m definitely going to use them for many of the reasons that we’ve been talking about, this unusual environment in terms of what our guys are capable of. If we have available guys to us, we better use them, but also, just a lack of in-game play and the number of snaps or the limited number of snaps people may be prepared to play or how fatigue may set in on us. The rules allow for us to fortify our depths so we’re going to take advantage of that.”

Or so we thought.

Through some sort of oversight or miscommunication, the Steelers only took advantage of one of the positions they had in reserve. Hopefully now a player such as Gilbert or McFarland can have a helmet and perhaps bring something to the team if nothing more than gaining experience.

Luckily, the mistake did not cost the Steelers in any way as they won their first game of the season 26-16. But by messing this up before the game even started, my overwhelming optimism toward the Steelers (which I am unafraid to hide) was a bit shaken. Add in the muffed put shortly into the game and all my hopes for the season seemed to be crashing down. Fortunately, things got better.
    You've lost it. If it comes down to the Steelers NEEDING either Gilbert or McFarland in order to have a chance to win a game, they've probably lost it already.
    Now, I will say that having McFarland dressed would have been nice. But, i doubt they would have given him many touches since word is that he has a ways to go on his blitz pick up and blocking.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Tomlin fucked up because he did not understand the rules, that s his JOB. He is always making mistakes and is not buttoned up but keep making excuses for the tool. 3 playoff wins in 10 years with a HOF QB in his prime is a complete fail. another year of no playoffs this year should mercifully end this tool's Steeler career.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Huge Member

Jerald Hawkins signed a 1 year, $750,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including an average annual salary of $750,000. In 2020, Hawkins will earn a base salary of $705,888, while carrying a cap hit of $705,888.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsbur...hawkins-19077/

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    You've lost it. If it comes down to the Steelers NEEDING either Gilbert or McFarland in order to have a chance to win a game, they've probably lost it already.
    Now, I will say that having McFarland dressed would have been nice. But, i doubt they would have given him many touches since word is that he has a ways to go on his blitz pick up and blocking.
    Lol always excuses for Tomlin from posters like you. He ducked up and of course Gilbert is the only fast backup at ILB if Bush gets injured but why even bother to dress backups against the Giants as if e e need them to beat em we are already dine ? Moron.

He ducked up
    as if e e need them to beat em we are already dine ?
    Moron.
    May want to proofread your posts before calling anyone else a moron.
    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche

"Ridicule is man's most potent weapon” - Saul Alinsky

"Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving" - David Burge

The Following 4 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
    I keep going over this in my head why not a vet with experience? This guy didn't make our roster or theirs. I get there is a familiar aspect of it but hey what makes them confident he can be a starter let alone a swing tackle?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Not a bad post. In pre-season Hawkins was often hurt, on the field he looked stiff. Not strong as a run blocker, a bit slow as a pass blocker. I would have rolled the dice on another player.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Not a bad post. In pre-season Hawkins was often hurt, on the field he looked stiff. Not strong as a run blocker, a bit slow as a pass blocker. I would have rolled the dice on another player.
    Oh so glad you like my post my day is now complete.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Lol always excuses for Tomlin from posters like you. He ducked up and of course Gilbert is the only fast backup at ILB if Bush gets injured but why even bother to dress backups against the Giants as if e e need them to beat em we are already dine ? Moron.
    Put the pipe down and step away from the ledge. We won.
    And, it actually looks like they put more trust in Spillane than Gilbert. He got a hat, played ST and got some snaps on defense. It appears he's "earned it" more than Gilbert has
    Again, if we were to have been put in a position where either Gilbert or McFarland were needed for us to win a game, we've probably already lost it.
    Moron? Haven't heard/seen that used as put down since .... 7th grade? Someone must have been watching Animal House last night. lol

Surprised you actually finished 7th grade given the lack of acumen in your posts,

We won the game does not absolve Tomln for once again being a moron and not knowing the rule on which he used his bullshit and blowhard tomfoolery as I showed in his remarks. Was Gilbert and McFarland the only choices the moron had for filling the 48th spot ? Here's a thought, we are playing our 38 year old QB in his first game after a year and have no idea how his elbow will hold out, why not give Dobbs the hat in case Ben cam't go, oh yeah we won so Tomin is a genius and can't be criticized for stupidly going in to the game shorthanded per league rules, Go back to sucking tomlins balls.

Surprised you actually finished 7th grade given the lack of acumen in your posts,

We won the game does not absolve Tomln for once again being a moron and not knowing the rule on which he used his bullshit and blowhard tomfoolery as I showed in his remarks. Was Gilbert and McFarland the only choices the moron had for filling the 48th spot ? Here's a thought, we are playing our 38 year old QB in his first game after a year and have no idea how his elbow will hold out, why not give Dobbs the hat in case Ben cam't go, oh yeah we won so Tomin is a genius and can't be criticized for stupidly going in to the game shorthanded per league rules, Go back to sucking tomlins balls.
    Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
    See my heart I decorate it like a grave
    You don't understand who they thought
    I was supposed to be
    Look at me now a man
    Who won't let himself be

Just to clarify, Marcus Allen is the extra money backer for Bush, and he’s just as fast.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

To clarify (ver 2.) Rudolph would replace Ben if he got hurt, not Dobbs.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app
    P-38L fan

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

164 posts and not one of them exhibiting any signs of intelligence. I'd say you were a bot, however bots at least have "artificial" intelligence. You have none.
    You often post about people sucking balls .... I have to assume that getting teabagged is a favorite pastime of yours.
    As noted, Dobbs isn't the backup to Ben. You could go down the list of practice squad players that COULD have been added this week. They weren't. And they weren't needed. I'm sure one of them will be added for Sunday's game. More likely than not that they won't be needed then either.

What a shock a redneck from Ohi who follows the Buckeyes loves tea bagging, woulda thought?

The FACT is Tomlin made a mistake after pontificating on the exact topic in the article last week. He is never buttoned down and pays little to no attention to detail year after year and the team reflects it in their repeated late season failures and inability to beat bad teams . great to see YOU of all people are now the one who decides when we will need an extra player on the team for a certain game, I guess watching our poor OLine performance the other night bt=rely keeping Ben upright gives you the warm and fuzzies. we need a better coach than Mr Bullshit.

What a shock a redneck from Ohi who follows the Buckeyes loves tea bagging, woulda thought?

The FACT is Tomlin made a mistake after pontificating on the exact topic in the article last week. He is never buttoned down and pays little to no attention to detail year after year and the team reflects it in their repeated late season failures and inability to beat bad teams . great to see YOU of all people are now the one who decides when we will need an extra player on the team for a certain game, I guess watching our poor OLine performance the other night bt=rely keeping Ben upright gives you the warm and fuzzies. we need a better coach than Mr Bullshit.
    Redneck from Ohio, eh? lmao ... You are truly clueless.
    As for the rest of your post .... yeah, not worth my time.

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer

Or so we thought.

Tomlin did make the mistake, but it is not a cut and dry rule. It was easy last year. 7 inactives and one is the 3rd QB. This year it's 5 and one is the QB unless you have less than 8 active offensive linemen, then you have to carry 6. The rule was adjusted last week and he didn't have clarity. Hell, you didn't know the rule, or the fact that we weren't carrying an inactive lineman.

I agree he should have gotten clarity before the game, but just tell me which inactive player would have been the difference maker in the game? Gentry? McFarland? Davis? Gilbert? Dobbs? That's right, it didn't matter. We won...

Fire him then...You got the power

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast