Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1254

Thread: US Capitol breached

  1. #1041
    His soul is full of hate.


    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,453
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Which is worse:
    Dims memories or Dims selective memories?

    And this is precisely why I say another Civil War is coming. We may already be in a silver war that simply hasnt gone Kinetic yet.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  2. #1042
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnster View Post
    The gift that keeps on giving.
    A one-trick pony if there ever was one. Pull up all my posts, knock yourself out. I've freely admitted I supported - and will continue to support - the broad civil rights movement, and will always stand against police brutality, regardless of race. I've also made it clear, over and over, that I support the right to peaceful protest, and denounce any type of violence, on any side.

    As I've pointed out, it's all too obvious these current events are too much for you to digest, or to address honestly. You cannot face the fact Trump lost this election, and that Joe Biden will soon be sworn in as President. You can't accept the sad fact MAGA radicals stormed the Capitol, wreaking havoc, murdering police, threating the Vice President and members of Congress. You cannot stomach the fact Trump lied to and deceived his supporters about election fraud, and consequently incited an angry mob of his supporters.

    It is all too much for you to bear. Hence, we see you wilting under pressure, time and again.

    I'm sorry this is happening to you. The sooner you face the truth and begin digesting the facts, the sooner you'll be able to wrap your head around what is happening. I wish you nothing but the best in that endevour.

  3. #1043
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Sure, I'll pull up all my posts from the past when Democrats and those on the left were plotting to murder elected officials and carry out an armed insurrection against the Republic by storming the Capitol in an attempt to overturn a free and fair election.

    Oh wait, I can't do that, cause that never happened. In fact, it hasn't happened in over two hundred years.

    It's sad and ominous to see the nation's capital teeming with National Guardsmen, there to protect our seat of government from violent extremists.

    Islamic terrorists sent by Al Qaeda, supporters of Osama bin Laden or some other foreign adversary?

    Nope, far right domestic terrorists, MAGA supporters, radicalized by the sitting President. Simply unfathomable.

    History will weigh heavily on the words and actions of all Americans at this moment of peril, particularly those elected officials in government, who have a solemn, Constitutional duty to rein in an out-of-control President.
    Thousands of violent thugs in DC assaulted police for days on end, torched buildings (even a church) and tried to storm the White House, it was so bad authorities even had to escort the president to safety in the Presidential bunker.

    Republican politicians were also attacked by Biden voters in Washington after the RNC.

    I'm sure those events upset you greatly, looking forward to reading those posts where you condemned these criminals. Take your time.

  4. #1044
    Member

    Steeltime's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The nearest Steelers bar.
    Posts
    10,533
    Rep Power
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Go right ahead, pull the trigger. You know you want to. It would be a huge relief for a lot of you, would cause people to jump with joy.

    Just do it, get it over with. You'll be considered a folk hero until the end of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

  5. #1045
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    A one-trick pony if there ever was one. Pull up all my posts, knock yourself out. I've freely admitted I supported - and will continue to support - the broad civil rights movement, and will always stand against police brutality, regardless of race. I've also made it clear, over and over, that I support the right to peaceful protest, and denounce any type of violence, on any side.

    As I've pointed out, it's all too obvious these current events are too much for you to digest, or to address honestly. You cannot face the fact Trump lost this election, and that Joe Biden will soon be sworn in as President. You can't accept the sad fact MAGA radicals stormed the Capitol, wreaking havoc, murdering police, threating the Vice President and members of Congress. You cannot stomach the fact Trump lied to and deceived his supporters about election fraud, and consequently incited an angry mob of his supporters.

    It is all too much for you to bear. Hence, we see you wilting under pressure, time and again.

    I'm sorry this is happening to you. The sooner you face the truth and begin digesting the facts, the sooner you'll be able to wrap your head around what is happening. I wish you nothing but the best in that endevour.
    Tibs, I know it hurts and embarrasses you when we point out your raging hypocrisy, if you don't want us to continue stop making it so easy.

  6. #1046
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnster View Post
    I'm sure those events upset you greatly, looking forward to reading those posts where you condemned these criminals. Take your time.
    Always looking backwards, unwilling to face the realities of the here and now. Unwilling - or unable - to discuss current events regarding the election and the attack on the Capitol.

    Understood. It's a tactic as old as politics itself.

    Funny, I've never read posts from you condemning the violent acts of the Manson cult. Where are those posts? You must be a huge Manson fan and fully support the brutal murders carried out by his followers. I also haven't seen your posts condemning the vile acts of Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy. You're one sick bastard supporting these mass murderers. You should hang your head in shame. I've searched up and down this board, not a single post from you denouncing Jeffrey Dahmer. You must be a huge fan. Makes me sick to my stomach that you worship these brutal, blood-thirsty mass murderers. Shameful and reprehensible.

    See how that works. Easy peezy.

  7. #1047
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Always looking backwards, unwilling to face the realities of the here and now. Unwilling - or unable - to discuss current events regarding the election and the attack on the Capitol.

    Understood. It's a tactic as old as politics itself.

    Funny, I've never read posts from you condemning the violent acts of the Manson cult. Where are those posts? You must be a huge Manson fan and fully support the brutal murders carried out by his followers. I also haven't seen your posts condemning the vile acts of Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy. You're one sick bastard supporting these mass murderers. You should hang your head in shame. I've searched up and down this board, not a single post from you denouncing Jeffrey Dahmer. You must be a huge fan. Makes me sick to my stomach that you worship these brutal, blood-thirsty mass murderers. Shameful and reprehensible.

    See how that works. Easy peezy.
    Last time I checked this board wasn't created when the events you cited occurred, unlike those incidents, the riots of 2020 were discussed here in depth, you posted many times in those threads, please provide the messages where you condemned the attack on the White House, the assault of hundreds of police officers and the torching and looting of many small businesses. Again I'll wait.

  8. #1048
    Member
    Tim Steelersfan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    8,533
    Rep Power
    253
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Funny, I've never read posts from you condemning the violent acts of the Manson cult. Where are those posts? You must be a huge Manson fan and fully support the brutal murders carried out by his followers. I also haven't seen your posts condemning the vile acts of Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy. You're one sick bastard supporting these mass murderers. You should hang your head in shame. I've searched up and down this board, not a single post from you denouncing Jeffrey Dahmer. You must be a huge fan. Makes me sick to my stomach that you worship these brutal, blood-thirsty mass murderers. Shameful and reprehensible.

    See how that works. Easy peezy.
    This has to go down as one of your top 5 moronic posts of all time.

    Let me see if I can make it 1st grade simple for you.

    Manson's actions are not affecting us today. He didn't start a movement. He didn't change cultural thinking. His isolated acts of lunacy were just that. Isolated, and he's been removed from influencing society.

    Contrarily, what has happened over the past decade, two decades, three decades politically DOES matter today.

    Examples:
    Abortion - still a lightning rod in this country decades later that still embroils us nationally in debate and conflict

    Obama's Presidency - the things he did, the legislation he enacted, the words he used STILL affect us to this day. His divisive words enraged a base of our population and has lingering effects. We saw much of that last year

    How Democrats and Republicans have handled "Governing" - what Harry Reid did during Obama's Presidency led to negative reactive behaviors that have us at a point where Dems are going to stack courts, make 3 other states out of Democratic strongholds, and roll back legislation out of spite. Like dominoes falling we are watching reaction after reaction to past actions

    The riots, last year and current. They are intertwined, whether you will honestly admit it or not. People are angry and protesting now, following example of what our leaders endorsed last year.

    Maxine Water's words...drove people to action.

    A Congressman being shot by a Liberal still affects people mentally today. Coupled with the attacks on countless others like Rand Paul. Seeing Congressmen surrounded and harassed in the streets of DC last year affects behavior and thinking THIS year.

    Sorry, you don't get to dismiss the past when the past laid the foundation for where we are. It is ingrained in where we are, why we are where we are, and must be addressed along with the issues facing us now because they are 100% material to the current toxic environment we live in.
    "They don't go to Washington to serve you, they use you to go to Washington to serve themselves."

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  9. #1049
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnster View Post
    Last time I checked this board wasn't created when the events you cited occurred, unlike those incidents, the riots of 2020 were discussed here in depth, you posted many times in those threads, please provide the messages where you condemned the attack on the White House, the assault of hundreds of police officers and the torching and looting of many small businesses. Again I'll wait.
    As opposed to you, I'm interested in discussing the topic of this thread, and the events of this day, as they continue to play out with each passing hour. You can hold remedial class on your own, and hash out your grievances and hurt feelings with what was said by who, relating to events in the past. I'll leave that type of bellyaching all to you. If truly that's where your priorities are right now, again, knock yourself out, parsing and rehashing my every post from over the years on this board.

    Can't say I don't feel sorry for you a little, that's a petty and sad way to go through life. But again, whatever rocks your boat.

  10. #1050
    Member

    Steeltime's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The nearest Steelers bar.
    Posts
    10,533
    Rep Power
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    Funny, I've never read posts from you condemning the violent acts of the Manson cult. Where are those posts? You must be a huge Manson fan and fully support the brutal murders carried out by his followers.
    Tried to look back to posts from 1969 about the Manson murders. Could not find them for some reason. Oh, but I did see that a Kamala Harris fan was quarterbacking the Steelers that year.

    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/pit/1969.htm

    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    You should hang your head in shame. I've searched up and down this board, not a single post from you denouncing Jeffrey Dahmer.
    False. If you bothered to look, you would find that I specifically noted in the Chinese virus thread that Dahmer was going to ignore the government restrictions and have family for dinner.

    And I was appalled. APPALLED.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    See how that works. Easy peezy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  11. #1051
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    As opposed to you, I'm interested in discussing the topic of this thread, and the events of this day, as they continue to play out with each passing hour. You can hold remedial class on your own, and hash out your grievances and hurt feelings with what was said by who, relating to events in the past. I'll leave that type of bellyaching all to you. If truly that's where your priorities are right now, again, knock yourself out, parsing and rehashing my every post from over the years on this board.

    Can't say I don't feel sorry for you a little, that's a petty and sad way to go through life. But again, whatever rocks your boat.
    Tibs, if you can't see why we all laugh at your selective feigned outrage now after you excused all the thuggary of the past year I can't help you.

    I guess using your idiotic rationale, we should forget anything Trump did last year and focus on how the Biden crime family gets billions from China. Right?

    I know it's hard for a member of the leftist cult, but do try to be a little more consistent with your views, even just a wee bit, then we might start taking you semi seriously.

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  12. #1052
    Member

    Steeltime's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The nearest Steelers bar.
    Posts
    10,533
    Rep Power
    293
    All:

    As somebody previously posted, an actual journalist, Glenn Greenwald, obtained the identities of the first 13 arrested for participating in the January 6, 2021 protests and found that exactly zero were active users of Parler. ZERO. NONE.

    https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-...-riot-planning

    Therefore, the supposed justification that Google and Amazon gave for attacking that platform is a provable lie.

    Those entities simply used the protests as a means to attack a competitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

    The Following 3 Users Like This Post:



  13. #1053
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnster View Post
    I know it's hard for a member of the leftist cult, but do try to be a little more consistent with your views, even just a wee bit, then we might start taking you semi seriously.
    I'm gonna attempt the impossible and try to understand your logic. Since you're clearly having sleepless nights, tossing and turning in the wee hours of the morning, obsessing over what I've posted - or haven't posted - on this board over the years, let me try to get this straight.

    If I had indeed written numerous forceful posts criticizing violent BLM activists and denounced the looting and rioting in Minnesota and other cities around the nation last summer.... if this board would have been filled with such posts by me.... that would now, in January 2021... affect or change your views on the attack on the Capitol in exactly which way? How would it change your views on Trump's lies regarding election fraud? Or change your views on how the MAGA base erupted in anger and stormed the Capitol? What is the relevance of what I post, or do not post, to how you ascertain and undertstand these current events?

    I'll answer my own question. They don't affect you at all, one way or another. You are simply using this entire discussion of what a 'hypocrite' I am to distract from the uncomfortable truth of what an utter shitshow the Trump presidency has become. It's a deep dive down a rabbit hole, to somehow argue, that I can't possibly be truly upset of what's happening with MAGA and the violence at the Capitol, because I wasn't at least this upset by street looting and rioting by mostly minorities this summer. It is the definition of false equivalence.

    But I do commend you for stubbornly keeping at it and pushing the narrative.

  14. #1054
    Member
    IndySteel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Carmel, IN
    Posts
    13,310
    Rep Power
    349
    Tibs, you're absolutely getting what we like to refer to as...flogged. Perhaps if you ask nicely Flog will provide you with some butt salve and a toilet donut.

  15. #1055
    Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    Tibs, you're absolutely getting what we like to refer to as...flogged. Perhaps if you ask nicely Flog will provide you with some butt salve and a toilet donut.
    What a let down. Come on, Indy, you can do better than that. Where's your usual onslaught of curse words and slurs? You're slipping, old man.

  16. #1056
    Member
    Steelworth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    State of Exasperation
    Posts
    9,451
    Rep Power
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Which is worse:
    Dims memories or Dims selective memories?

    But that's ancient history, Supe. We can't be dwelling on the past few centuries when these things are happening at this very moment.
    “Ours is the first age in which many thousands of the best trained minds have made it a full time business to get inside the collective public mind. To get inside in order to manipulate, exploit, control”
    — Marshall McLuhan

    "Madness is the exception in individuals but the rule in groups" — Frederick Nietzsche

    "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon” — Saul Alinsky

    "Journalism is about covering important stories. With a pillow, until they stop moving" — David Burge

    The Following 2 Users Like This Post:



  17. #1057
    Member

    Steeltime's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The nearest Steelers bar.
    Posts
    10,533
    Rep Power
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by IndySteel View Post
    Tibs, you're absolutely getting what we like to refer to as...flogged. Perhaps if you ask nicely Flog will provide you with some butt salve and a toilet donut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibs View Post
    What a let down. Come on, Indy, you can do better than that. Where's your usual onslaught of curse words and slurs? You're slipping, old man.
    Sorry, Tibs, but I laughed at Indy's post. Pretty good.

    And look, I have to give Tibs kudos for hanging tough in this thread. I also legitimately ask him to comment on the fact that the claims Parler somehow played a key role in the January 6 protests are a lie and in fact Twitter was the social media platform used by those arrested for their roles in taking the protest to one involving property destruction and violence.

    Shouldn't Twitter be de-platformed? Serious question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfiero View Post
    Of course I'm despicable...

    The Following User Likes This Post:



  18. #1058
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinnster View Post
    Last time I checked this board wasn't created when the events you cited occurred.
    LOL! Dude, Tibs wasn’t serious, he was pointing out the absurdity of your strawman argument.

  19. #1059
    Ladies and Gentlemen, President Donald J. Trump has been impeached for the second time. 232-197.

    Way to go Donald, you're the best. First President in the history of the United States to manage to get himself impeached not once, but twice.

    If that's not winning, I don't know what is.


  20. #1060
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeltime View Post
    All:

    As somebody previously posted, an actual journalist, Glenn Greenwald, obtained the identities of the first 13 arrested for participating in the January 6, 2021 protests and found that exactly zero were active users of Parler. ZERO. NONE.

    https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-...-riot-planning

    Therefore, the supposed justification that Google and Amazon gave for attacking that platform is a provable lie.

    Those entities simply used the protests as a means to attack a competitor.
    It is convenient of large corporate interests to do the bidding of the incoming US government, whilst being roundly criticized globally, from all points along the political sphere.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    I can't figure out - Troglodyte


Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •