Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tomlin Wednesday Press Conference

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    MT acknowledged many things today on this journey in the game of football and accepted that and allowed that changes are a part of life obviously, and things of that nature.

We dropped my wife's minivan off at the shop tonight, we're driving back home and 93.7 was replaying MT's presser and she didn't understand why I started laughing out loud.

The Steelers haven't fired any coaches in about ten years, they just wait for their contracts to run out and don't renew them.
    I don't know Butler's and Fichtner's contract status but I'd say that if they're still under contract there is better than a 50% chance they will be back. Art The Deuce is getting like Mike Brown, he isn't paying anyone not to work no matter how bad they are at their job.
    I believe both their contracts are up.

The Following User Likes This Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    I believe both their contracts are up.
    Correct, Fichtner was fir...errr...I mean not renewed. Butler was inexplicably given a one year extension. As mentioned elsewhere, it's really Shades' defense and firing Butler would be like firing himself. We know how often Shades admits he was wrong,

Totally agree Ron Burgundy but my next question is "Will cool shades actually hire the next OC or promote Canada?'

If Canada is promoted then some will change but Tomlin will still have his hands all over it, similar to Fichtner. If Tomlin hires then nearly same scenerio May occure.

I want an established OC who can be strong enough to incorporate in install a game by game plan. One that stands up a little to conservative Tomlin BS that seems to creep into everything.

Salute the nation
    If YOUR life isn't offering any smiles, you need to change your lifestyle!!! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drink IRON City View Post
    Totally agree Ron Burgundy but my next question is "Will cool shades actually hire the next OC or promote Canada?'

If Canada is promoted then some will change but Tomlin will still have his hands all over it, similar to Fichtner. If Tomlin hires then nearly same scenerio May occure.

I want an established OC who can be strong enough to incorporate in install a game by game plan. One that stands up a little to conservative Tomlin BS that seems to creep into everything.
    Depends how much Ben likes Canada and if he wants to play another year. I think they will promote Canada unless another team makes an offer that the Steelers don't want to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Depends how much Ben likes Canada and if he wants to play another year. I think they will promote Canada unless another team makes an offer that the Steelers don't want to match.
    It shouldn't matter how much Ben likes the guy. He at most has one year left and if he plays like he did down the stretch, this team won't make the playoffs. He was a different QB over the final 6-7 games than he was for the first part of the year. I'm not interested in the stats he put up against the soft defense after the Steelers were down. I'm more worried about the ineptitude our offense had in the first half of all of those games. Unless we build a beast OL and get a starting running back in the offseason to take a significant burden off the passing game, I don't see the Steelers doing well next year if Ben is back because I don't think he's physically capable of playing well for an entire season. It's either let him ride it out and let him go out on his own terms without any chance of a title or tell him it's over and start the post-Ben era.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234