11. Appreciate their efforts
    12. Throughout the journey
    13. Splash
    14. We don't run away from that
    15. Pain associated with...
    16. Scarcity in opportunities
    17. Routine plays routinely
    18. Cumulative body of work
    Very nice list, here's a couple more we are likely to hear: "We own it", "junior varsity"

Tomlin asked if the organization made a decision on whether Ben will be back next year or not...Tomlin said they have to assess it.
    IMO, with a 1st ballot HOF, you say you want him back even if you think he should retire.

I missed it. Did they ask him if he called all the plays ?.

Quote Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
    I missed it. Did they ask him if he called all the plays ?.
    No they did not ask.

nothing about the OC, OL and DC coaches cleaning out their lockers?

The Following User Likes This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Coryea View Post
    He better not give his usual bullshit. This was an all time embarrassment, I want to know he's pissed and embarrassed as well.
    Does anyone even have a guess at what Tomlin is ultimately responsible for? I have no idea, except, "nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by SojournerSteel View Post
    Does anyone even have a guess at what Tomlin is ultimately responsible for? I have no idea, except, "nothing."
    talking his way through a press conference.

The Following 2 Users Like This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topseed View Post
    Those nameless gray faces from Cleveland somehow kicked the Steelers' ass. Even their second-string offensive linemen with less of a name and more of a gray face.
    My wife asked me why our backups played better against cleveland the week before than our starters did in the playoff game...I had no answer. I guess it's just plain old arrogance on the part of Steeler coaches and players...and that is fucked up. The Steelers haven't won shit in 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyguru View Post
    My wife asked me why our backups played better against cleveland the week before than our starters did in the playoff game...I had no answer. I guess it's just plain old arrogance on the part of Steeler coaches and players...and that is fucked up. The Steelers haven't won shit in 12 years.
    week 17 nothing to lose, we were much more aggressive on O and D. Cleveland made adjustments and ultra conservative Tomlin came back in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by diver View Post
    Maybe the Steelers highly compensated DEs, Heyward and Tuitt, might actually beat a 2nd string lineman. They sucked on Sunday night.

Look, I am all for Tomlin being fired. I am sick of this as well. But he can take a few guys with him, like the coordinators and some players that continue to underachieve in big spots. There are others, but I don't know if I have ever seen 2 guys come up so consistently small in big games like those 2.
    I've yet to re-watch the game, so I'll reserve judgement on the play of Heyward (who is a DT, not a DE, btw) and Tuitt until I see it again.

What I can tell you for certain is that other NFL coaching staffs construct their game plans and make in-game adjustments around the perceived weaknesses of their opponents. Tomlin doesn't. His "Nameless Gray Faces" approach is focused on his players doing what they do, not good strategy. Why do you think Cleveland was so much better prepared for this game, even though they played the Steelers' backups the week before? Because they knew Tomlin was going to have the same plan. They adjusted. Tomlin didn't.

Maybe you're right...perhaps it's as simple as Heyward AND Tuitt forgetting how to play good football on the interior line. I have a hard time believing that.

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion

-- Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)

Quote Originally Posted by topseed View Post
    I've yet to re-watch the game, so I'll reserve judgement on the play of Heyward (who is a DT, not a DE, btw) and Tuitt until I see it again.

What I can tell you for certain is that other NFL coaching staffs construct their game plans and make in-game adjustments around the perceived weaknesses of their opponents. Tomlin doesn't. His "Nameless Gray Faces" approach is focused on his players doing what they do, not good strategy. Why do you think Cleveland was so much better prepared for this game, even though they played the Steelers' backups the week before? Because they knew Tomlin was going to have the same plan. They adjusted. Tomlin didn't.

Maybe you're right...perhaps it's as simple as Heyward AND Tuitt forgetting how to play good football on the interior line. I have a hard time believing that.
    I don't have to watch again. Heyward and Tuitt were not good enough. Heyward should be a notch below Aaron Donald. Tuitt a notch below that. Neither did much. Heyward often seems an arm length from the ball carrier and does nothing. They both had yoyo seasons.

Was surprised the media asked soft questions and not some hard fact questions. One tried once and Tomlin skirted around it only once did he mention him in the equation of wrong doing/

I didn't watch the press conference, but from what I gather from comments here, there is no reason to search for it.

Tomlinson cops out.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyguru View Post
    Women's intuition. She has Tomlin sized up from the jump it sounds like.

Tomlin was not disrespectful, but the question on Ben deserved better. Ben seems once more to be the poser child of disrespect. The man took us to three Super Bowls and won two, The third except for a fumble may have been three. He has led winning drives for the Steelers how many times, yet all the shit coverage of one game Ben is treated like third class back up QB. No media or Tomlin pointing at the head coach, the defense and especially if Tomlin did take over a lackluster defense against the Brown's, Sad Ben deserves much better, from Tomlin, this organization and especially the players, that for once have kept mouths shut on the social media trail and stand up for Ben. Just unacceptable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdk2 View Post
    Good afternoon,

I'll start with a quick synopses of the last game... We were the grapes.. um, they made us into wine and drank us.

Changes are going to be made this offseason.. specifically, with the interns.. we'll see who we bring back.

Guys, I had another winning regular season.. once we get into the dance, anything can happen. Ben lost us the game, I did my job and my defense did their part.

Thank you.
    MT acknowledged many things today on this journey in the game of football and accepted that and allowed that changes are a part of life obviously, and things of that nature.

We dropped my wife's minivan off at the shop tonight, we're driving back home and 93.7 was replaying MT's presser and she didn't understand why I started laughing out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by thesteelcity View Post
    nothing about the OC, OL and DC coaches cleaning out their lockers?
    The Steelers haven't fired any coaches in about ten years, they just wait for their contracts to run out and don't renew them.
    I don't know Butler's and Fichtner's contract status but I'd say that if they're still under contract there is better than a 50% chance they will be back. Art The Deuce is getting like Mike Brown, he isn't paying anyone not to work no matter how bad they are at their job.
    Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 01-13-2021 at 10:36 PM.

Just read this on NFL.com

Tomlin remarks

"It has been a disappointment. I'm not going to maintain status quo and hope the outcome changes. That's the definition of insanity," he told reporters Wednesday, per ESPN.

Hope the front office is thinking the same thing

The Following 3 Users Like This Post:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G View Post
    Just read this on NFL.com

Tomlin remarks

"It has been a disappointment. I'm not going to maintain status quo and hope the outcome changes. That's the definition of insanity," he told reporters Wednesday, per ESPN.

Hope the front office is thinking the same thing
    No, but the intern who is the assistant ball washer and kicking tee picker-upper should update his resume.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerSask View Post
    I don't have to watch again. Heyward and Tuitt were not good enough. Heyward should be a notch below Aaron Donald. Tuitt a notch below that. Neither did much. Heyward often seems an arm length from the ball carrier and does nothing. They both had yoyo seasons.
    I don't know anybody who thinks Heyward is on Aaron Donald's level.

When you know that your time is close at hand
    Maybe then you'll begin to understand
    Life down here is just a strange illusion

-- Steve Harris (Iron Maiden)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast